Operation Childlife volunteers travelled to The National Centre for Maternal and Child Health in Ulan Bataar, Mongolia, (15th – 21st October 2023), in partnership with The Christina Noble Children’s Foundation (CNCF), who generously sponsored the trip. The team are pictured above with Helenita Noble, CEO of CNCF, (back row, centre) and some of their Mongolian colleagues.
The volunteers involved were:
- Dr Mohammed Al Awadhi Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, King Hamad University Hospital, Bahrain
- Dr Brendan O’Hare, Consultant Paediatric Anaesthetist
- Nurse Aymen Kutkut, King Hamad University Hospital, Bahrain
- Dr Danielle McLaughlin, Locum Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, Royal Manchester Children’s Hospital. Dr McLaughlin is a recipient of the Operation Childlife Travel Fellowship in partnership with the Royal College of Surgeons Ireland.
- Dr Nicola Cullen joined the trip as an observer.
While on the trip, the team also attended the Neonatal and Pediatric Minimally Invasive Surgery International Symposium, where Dr Al Awadhi and Dr O’Hare presented.